First of Its Kind – Automotive Lightweight Procurement Symposium
The Automotive Lightweight Procurement Symposium, organized by AluMag, will be held October 5-7, 2014 in Duesseldorf, Germany. The symposium is a cutting edge event that brings together the procurement and supply side of lightweight materials and their advanced processes (aluminum, magnesium, carbon, composites, HSS, and thermoplastics) in complement with cost balance or reduction. Localization, material technology, and cost benchmarking, as well as 2025 market outlook are some of the topics to be presented. The event is designed for executives and procurement professionals, who are part of the lightweight supply chain and individuals who are seeking a better understanding of the synergy of cost and weight reduction programs.
At the symposium, OEMs will express their needs and expectations from suppliers, technology, and lightweighting and Tier suppliers will showcase their leading weight reduction solutions, joining technologies, and material and process hybrid components. The event will also include a lightweight technology exhibition. It will feature three days of networking (including three receptions), culminating as ALUMINIUM 2014 and Composites Europe begins, also in Duesseldorf (free of chargefor symposium attendees).
Some of the presentations to be featured at the conference include:
- Opening Keynote — Structural Lightweighting – New Materials & Advanced Processes, Arne Lakeit, vp Manufacturing Engineering & Process Planning, Audi
- Closing Keynote — Axel Harries, vp Quality Management, Mercedes-Benz Cars (tbd)
- Lightweight Component Procurement in North America – An Analysis Of The Strengths & Weaknesses Of The Current Supply Base Against Future OEM Needs by Eric Bach, director of Engineering, Tesla Motors (tbc)
- Global Quality Improvement In Accompany With Lightweighting & Cost Balance by Axel Harriee, vp of Quality Management, Mercedes-Benz Cars (tbc)
- Technological And Cost Comparison Of Aluminium – Magnesium vs. Composite Solutions by Achim Schneider, head Of Business Development & Sales, and Klaus Decking, head of Market Communication Sales Support & Business Development & New Markets Sales, Georg Fischer AG
- Market Trends & Development Of Aluminium In China: Production – Price Building – Products by Hui Xiong, senior analyst, Beijing Antaike
A complete list of presentations can be found on the conference website.
The AluMag symposium is limited to 150 visitors to ensure a friendly atmosphere for knowledge development and exchange of experience.