Highlighting Extrusion Technology and Aluminum Recycling, Remelt, and Scrap Recovery in our August 2014 Issue
The August 2014 issue of Light Metal Age is now available. The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
The cover features the newly built HybrEx 25, the radically different 25 MN extrusion press designed by the SMS Meer R&D and Technology Group headed by Uwe Muschalik , general manager of hydraulic press R&D and technology. Pictured in front of the press are SMS Meer’s Axel Bauer (left), general manager of extrusion press sales, and Muschalik (right). The innovative HybrEx press is the focus of an article by our editor, Joseph C. Benedyk.
Feature Articles include:
- World Secondary Aluminum Industry Annual Review, by Rudolf P. Pawlek, contributing editor
- Postle Extrusions Expands to Capture Booming RV Market, by Andrea Svendsen, managing editor
- The New and Innovative HybrEx Extrusion Press, by Joseph C. Benedyk, editor
- Automotive Aluminum for the Masses – a review of the 2015 North American Light Vehicle Aluminum Content Study, commissioned by the Aluminum Association’s Aluminum Transportation Group (ATG) and conducted by Ducker Worldwide
- The U.S. Aluminum Lifecycle, 1900-2009: Quantifying Various Recycling Rates, by Wei-Qiang Chen and T.E. Graedel, Center for Industrial Ecology, Yale University
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Blistering, by Jerome Fourmann, Rio Tinto Alcan
- Australasian Aluminium Extrusion Conference 2014, by Barbara Rinderer, Consulting in Partnership Pty Ltd.
- AEC Leads the Way to Extrusion Industry Success: Interview with Jeff Henderson, AEC
- Safety Doesn’t Happen by Accident: Interview with Alex Lowery, Wise Chem
- The Power of Extrusions: How Aluminum is Reshaping the B&C Industry, by Scott Condreay, Sapa North American Technical Center
- TMS 2014 Annual Meeting and Exhibition
- 71st World Magnesium Conference: China Continues to Lead World Production, by Robert E. (Bob) Brown, contributing editor
- 2014 Magnesium Awards of Excellence
Editorial departments include a Book Review on Aluminum Recycling – Second Edition by Mark E. Schlesinger and coverage of Secondary Aluminum News, Extruder News, and Contracts & Expansions, as well as several Product and Technology Spotlights, including:
- Compact and Scalable Casthouse System Converts On-Site Extrusion Scrap into Quality Billet
- Improved Molten Metal Level Control for Slab Casting
- Solving Aluminum Scrap Recovery Challenges: Shredding and Separation Technologies
- Pilot Testing of the Green, No-Waste, Dross-Spin Metal Recovery Process
- Ultrasonic Degassing Process for Continuous and Stationary Mold Casting of Aluminum
If you would like to receive a copy of the August issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!
About LightMetalAgeLight Metal Age is the preeminent magazine of the light metal world. Light Metal Age has a 73 year legacy in covering primary and secondary production, extrusion, and rolling of aluminum and magnesium. Visit our website at: www.LightMetalAge.com
Light Metal Age is the preeminent magazine of the light metal world. For 73 years, Light Metal Age has covered mainly primary production and semi-fabrication of aluminum, as well as magnesium and titanium.
(October 2015 cover pictured.)
Visit our website at: www.LightMetalAge.com