Our June 2014 Issue Now Available!
The June 2014 issue of Light Metal Age is now available. The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
The cover features the new runnout system at take-charge extruder Bonnell Aluminum in Newnan, GA, which installed a new start-of-the-art extrusion line engineered to automotive specifications. The newly installed double run out system is part of a complete handling system supplied by Turla, Italy. The complete story of the $17 million expansion project is the lead story of the June issue.
Feature Articles include:
- “On the Front End of the Curve – Bonnell Aluminum Shifts into Automotive,” by Andrea Svendsen, Managing Editor
- “New Developments in Automotive Extrusions Offer Huge Opportunities,” by Geoff Scamans, Innoval Technology, and Andrew Hall, Alken
- “LME Deals with Warehouse Issues and Upgrades Trading Options for Aluminum – Interview with Garry Jones, LME”
- “Dead Zones in Dies and Their Effect on Streaking,” by Nick Parson and Chris Jowett, Rio Tinto Alcan, and Jean-Francois Beland, Canadian National Research Council
- “Emirates to Produce Half of the Gulf’s Primary Output – Interview with Abdulla J.M. Kalban, EGA”
- “Heatsink Redesign Saves Weight and Increases Efficiency”
- “Innovative Joining Processes Enable Increased Use of Aluminum in GM’s New Corvette Z06 and Beyond”
- “Extrusion Design Competition Showcases Inventive Functional Designs”
Editorial departments includes a Book Review on Direct-Chill Casting of Light Alloys: Science and Technology by John F. Grandfield, Dmitry G. Eskin, and Ian F. Bainbridge and a Lightweight Matters department on Aleris’ supply of extruded parts for marine engines to MTU in Friedrichhafen, Germany.
Other coverage includes the Extruder News, Primary Aluminum News (with aluminum production tables by country and company from 2010-2013), and Contracts & Expansions departments, as well as a U.S. Aluminum Extrusion Press Patent Retrospective starting from the 1970s that catalogs the evolution of various press technologies.
If you would like to receive a copy of the June issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!
About LightMetalAgeLight Metal Age is the preeminent magazine of the light metal world. Light Metal Age has a 73 year legacy in covering primary and secondary production, extrusion, and rolling of aluminum and magnesium. Visit our website at: www.LightMetalAge.com
Light Metal Age is the preeminent magazine of the light metal world. For 73 years, Light Metal Age has covered mainly primary production and semi-fabrication of aluminum, as well as magnesium and titanium.
(October 2015 cover pictured.)
Visit our website at: www.LightMetalAge.com