The December 2014 issue of Light Metal Age is now available. The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
The cover features
Feature Articles include:
- Cosmetic Corrosion of Aluminum Automotive Closure Sheet, by Geoff Scamans, Innoval Technology
- Application of Advanced Al-Li Plate on the NASA Orion Crew Module, by Michael Niedzinski, Constellium Aerospace & Transportation
- Aluminum’s Explosive Growth into Automotive in America – Interview with Tom Boney, Aluminum Association, ATG
- Europe Continues Very Steady Growth in Automotive – Interview with Patrik Ragnarsson, European Aluminium Association, A&TG
- Nanostructured Wire Rod Research and Development in Russia, by V.Kh. Mann, A.Yu. Krokhin, and I.A. Matveeva, UC Rusal, and G.I. Raab, M.Yu. Murashkin, and R.Z. Valiev, Institute of Physics of Advanced Materials, Ufa State Aviation Technical University
- Eastern European Extruder Increases Volume to Serve Growing EU Market
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Transverse Weld, by Jerome Fourmann, Rio Tinto Alcan
- The Extrusion Press Container: Thermal Stability of the Liner Not Uniformity of the Container Mantle, by Paul Robbins and Dr. Ken Chun Chien, Castool
- UMC Expands Market Scope with New Coil Coating Capacity
- First Laser-Welded Aluminum Door Blanks for Mass Production
Editorial departments include a Personality Profile on Charles K. Gillespie, who marks 50 years at Gillespie & Powers and a Book Review on the Aluminum Statistical Review for 2013, published by the Aluminum Association, as well as two Spotlight articles: “Heat Treating Furnaces for Flat Rolled Aluminum,” by Gerald Eckertsbertger, Ebner Industrieofenbau Gmbh and B.J. Austin, Ebner Furnaces, Inc. and “Secondary Containment for Aluminum Rolling Mills” about a system for secondary oil containment developed by Albarrie.
Also included is a preview of the combined Aluminium Two Thousand – ICEB 2015 congress and coverage of Flat Rolled News, Extruder News, and Contracts & Expansions.
If you would like to receive a copy of the December issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!
The April 2014 annual aluminum extrusion issue of Light Metal Age is now available. The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
The cover features a 39 hollow aluminum extrusion for a heat exchanger that was made by Almag Aluminum in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, an extruder known for designing and extruding complex shapes. The extrusion die was manufactured by Exco Canada in Markham, Ontario. (Photo: Robert Ciolfi.)
Feature Articles include:
- “What Kind of Extruder Are You? – Self Planning Matrix for Benchmarking Extrusion Operations,” by Craig Werner, Werner Extrusion Solutions, LLC
- “Southern Aluminum Finishing Goes West – New Anodizing Line Opened in Redding, CA”
- “The Impact of Methodological Choices on the LCA Results of Aluminum Extrusion Products,” by Marshall Jinlong Wang, The Aluminum Association
- “Outlook on Aluminum Extrusion Die Industry from an Italian Die Maker, Interview with Tommaso Pinter, Alumat & Almax Mori“
- “Saws for Billet and Extrusion Operations,” by Roger A.P. Fielding, BENCHMARKS
- “Arabal 2013 – Part II: Downstream Development in the Gulf,” by contributing editor, Andrew Hall (photos of exhibitors are online)
- “Gearing Up Aluminum Extrusions for Automotive, Interview with Matthias Kapp, Sapa Extrusions North America“
- “Global Flat Rolled Product Long Term Outlook: Automotive and Aerospace to Drive Growth,” by Goran Djukanovic, Aluminum Market Analyst
- “Novatec Celebrates 20 Years of Service to Aluminum Extruders”
- “AEC 2014 Annual Meeting Illuminates N.A. Extrusion“
- Directory of Aluminum Extrusion Equipment Manufacturers & Suppliers
Editorial departments include a story on the American Lightweight Metals Manufacturing Initiative announced by President Obama and a Product Spotlight on the ExtSTAR™ quoting module. Other coverage include the Extruder News and Contracts & Expansions, as well as our International Patent Calendar.
If you would like to receive a copy of the April issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, you can subscribe online.