The April 2014 annual aluminum extrusion issue of Light Metal Age is now available. The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
The cover features a 39 hollow aluminum extrusion for a heat exchanger that was made by Almag Aluminum in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, an extruder known for designing and extruding complex shapes. The extrusion die was manufactured by Exco Canada in Markham, Ontario. (Photo: Robert Ciolfi.)
Feature Articles include:
- “What Kind of Extruder Are You? – Self Planning Matrix for Benchmarking Extrusion Operations,” by Craig Werner, Werner Extrusion Solutions, LLC
- “Southern Aluminum Finishing Goes West – New Anodizing Line Opened in Redding, CA”
- “The Impact of Methodological Choices on the LCA Results of Aluminum Extrusion Products,” by Marshall Jinlong Wang, The Aluminum Association
- “Outlook on Aluminum Extrusion Die Industry from an Italian Die Maker, Interview with Tommaso Pinter, Alumat & Almax Mori“
- “Saws for Billet and Extrusion Operations,” by Roger A.P. Fielding, BENCHMARKS
- “Arabal 2013 – Part II: Downstream Development in the Gulf,” by contributing editor, Andrew Hall (photos of exhibitors are online)
- “Gearing Up Aluminum Extrusions for Automotive, Interview with Matthias Kapp, Sapa Extrusions North America“
- “Global Flat Rolled Product Long Term Outlook: Automotive and Aerospace to Drive Growth,” by Goran Djukanovic, Aluminum Market Analyst
- “Novatec Celebrates 20 Years of Service to Aluminum Extruders”
- “AEC 2014 Annual Meeting Illuminates N.A. Extrusion“
- Directory of Aluminum Extrusion Equipment Manufacturers & Suppliers
Editorial departments include a story on the American Lightweight Metals Manufacturing Initiative announced by President Obama and a Product Spotlight on the ExtSTAR™ quoting module. Other coverage include the Extruder News and Contracts & Expansions, as well as our International Patent Calendar.
If you would like to receive a copy of the April issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, you can subscribe online.